And So On

Thursday, April 14, 2005

American Hamburgers from Japanese View

53% of Californians are fat because they always drive a car and eat Hamburgers. Am I wrong?

Living in Japan, I feel it's quite unbelievable that that many people have over 25% fat in their body, although we have McDonald’s as well. I know why. It’s because we don’t like junk food, and hamburgers are a lot smaller here compare to the ones in the US. I was particulary surprised by the size of the regular hamburgers in McDonald’s and especially Berger King. Also it’s very expensive here, so I felt it is cheap in the US although the size is bigger (thus unhealthier). The crucial reason for this is, however, we don’t like unhealthy food. Fast food restaurants are dying out in Japan. Berger King had to leave this country years ago, and McDonald’s is decreasing the price in order to survive in here.

The last time I went to a (junk) fast food restaurant was this January and since then, no junk food. Once in six months or something will satisfy my desire. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home